Apply by emailing: email@example.com
You will be a member of a specialized team of forestry professionals working primarily in urban/wildland areas to complete fuel reductions and help safeguard communities from the threat of wildland fires.
We have opportunities for both inexperienced and experienced candidates. And while you won’t be working on active fires, if you have skills as a seasoned wildand firefighter. they will serve you well as you create defensible spaces that give firefighters a tactical advantage. As an added bonus, you won’t be breathing smoke all day, but you will still be doing meaningful and important work.
You are a beast in the woods and welcome the physical challenges that come with this type of work. Most importantly, you know how to keep yourself and your team safe in this kind of environment. If you’ve never done this type of work before, and love to be outdoors, we are also seeking individuals who are interested in learning more about forestry and we will provide you with GREAT on-the-job training.
Your season will start in April, depending on the weather; and we will keep you busy through November. We work four, ten-hour days, so you can earn overtime AND have ample time to play in the mountains and enjoy summer. Sound good? Reach out today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-401-0274.
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Gypsum, CO
- Status: Full Time/Seasonal
- Schedule: Four 12-Hour Days, M-Th.
- Skill Level: Entry Level & Experienced
- Salary: $23-35 per hour, DOE
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working as a part of a team to create a safe work environment while maintaining a high level of production
- Carrying debris including sticks, limbs, and logs to staging areas for chipping, or stacking debris in burn piles
- Operating a chipper and other equipment to dispose of debris
- Using hand and power tools including, but not limited to: hand saws, pole saws, rakes, and blowers.
- Choosing and inspecting personal protective equipment
- Completing all duties in compliance with AMTL safety policies, ANSI Z133.1, OSHA safety standards, and ANSI A300 Pruning standards
- If applicable and appropriate, driving company vehicles and operating specialized tree removal equipment including chainsaws, brush cutters, and mini and full-size skid-steers with log grapples and forestry mulching attachments
- This is a sampling of responsibilities. A complete job description will be provided during the hiring process.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- You will perform services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- The majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Some of your time will be spent indoors to complete paperwork, and attend meetings and trainings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, personal integrity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside at all times in all weather conditions are required. Duty modifications may be made during specific seasons throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR ASPIRATIONS
- Competitive pay
- Paid training with pay increases based on successful completion of training
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Sick time accrual
- 401K after 1000 hrs
- All PPE safety equipment supplied
- All tools provided
OUR CORE VALUES
Old Growth Tree Service was founded in 2016 and we have experienced exponential growth each year since then. We strive each day to raise the standards of the arboriculture industry by providing an experience that goes above and beyond expectations for both our customers and employees. We have built our business around these Core Values that guide our every action and decision:
- Integrity – We live in accordance with our deepest values, we are honest with everyone, and always keep our word. We are genuine.
- Respect – We treat each other and our customers with kindness, respect, and sensitivity. We value everyone’s contributions in all aspects of the business. We check our egos at the door.
- Teamwork – One dream, one team. We recognize and support each other’s talents. We all have a part to play. By working together, we can achieve exceptional results.
- Training & Knowledge – We support all Old Growth Tree Service employees with any training necessary so they can perform their job safely, efficiently and with confidence.
- Quality & Customer Service – We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We deliver quality and excellence in all that we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. And if you don’t have a resume, don’t worry, just shoot us an email or call 970-401-0274.