Plant Health Care Technician
Posted on April 2, 2018
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Edwards, CO
- Salary: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Paid Holidays after 90 Days
- All PPE Safety Equipment Supplied
- Education/Professional Development Supplied
- Company Issued Cell Phone
The PHC Technician will have a variety of duties to perform daily, varying by the type of work being done at each given site. The main priorities are to perform various PHC treatments, pest/disease control measures, maintain detailed and accurate reporting, and perform arboricultural duties during specific seasons throughout the year.
Plant Health Care
- Drive specialized PHC trucks to various work sites around the valley.
- Practice various PHC treatments such as: fertilization, soil amendments, pest and disease control measures.
- Perform soil compaction alleviation.
- Perform deep root injections, watering, and other PHC services.
- Utilize environmentally friendly products to perform PHC treatments.
- Prepare pesticide sprays and other PHC solutions for treatments.
- Assist in scheduling PHC treatments with Operations Manager.
Equipment, Machine and Tool Use
- Choose and load necessary daily equipment.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment and vehicles.
- Utilize specialized mechanical instruments such as: an air spade, skid steer, stump grinder, root exploration devices, and root pruners.
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment and tools used.
- Ensure PHC trucks are prepared, filled, and refueled for each work day.
Safe Work Practices
- Choose and inspect personal protective equipment.
- Inspect worksites and identify risks.
- Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Reporting and Communication
- Prepare and maintain impeccable records of personal pesticide use and monitoring forms, work orders, and equipment maintenance records.
- Prepare and post public notices for pesticide applications or PHC treatments.
- Provide customers with PHC information when necessary.
- Old Growth performs services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- Majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside is required, with duty modification during specific seasons throughout the year.
- Office work and time needed to complete paperwork, and attend meetings/training.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Education/Training in Arboriculture or PHC an asset.
- Familiar with Plant I.D. and treatment options an asset.
- ISA Certified Arborist is an asset.
How to Apply
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? Do you like the idea of working outside, making a positive impact on the environment? How about the thought of working alongside like-minded industry professionals who will show you the ropes of arboriculture and plant health care?
GET PAID TO LEARN! If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, please apply with your resume to email@example.com