Get your summer job lined up now!
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? Do you like the idea of working outside, making a positive impact on the environment? How about the thought of working alongside like-minded industry professionals who will show you the ropes of arboriculture and plant health care?
GET PAID TO LEARN! If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, Old Growth Tree Service is the Place!
We are growing and would like to add more tree care technicians to our team.
Plant Health Care Technician
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Edwards, CO
- Salary: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Paid Holidays after 90 Days
- 401K Plan
- All PPE Safety Equipment Supplied
- Education/Professional Development Supplied
- Company Issued Cell Phone
The PHC Technician will have a variety of duties to perform daily, varying by the type of work being done at each given site. The main priorities are to perform various PHC treatments, pest/disease control measures, maintain detailed and accurate reporting, and perform arboricultural duties during specific seasons throughout the year.
Plant Health Care
- Drive specialized PHC trucks to various work sites around the valley.
- Practice various PHC treatments such as: fertilization, soil amendments, pest and disease control measures.
- Perform soil compaction alleviation.
- Perform deep root injections, watering, and other PHC services.
- Utilize environmentally friendly products to perform PHC treatments.
- Prepare pesticide sprays and other PHC solutions for treatments.
- Assist in scheduling PHC treatments with Operations Manager.
Equipment, Machine and Tool Use
- Choose and load necessary daily equipment.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment and vehicles.
- Utilize specialized mechanical instruments such as: an air spade, skid steer, stump grinder, root exploration devices, and root pruners.
- Perform basic maintenance of equipment and tools used.
- Ensure PHC trucks are prepared, filled, and refueled for each workday.
Safe Work Practices
- Choose and inspect personal protective equipment.
- Inspect worksites and identify risks.
- Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Reporting and Communication
- Prepare and maintain impeccable records of personal pesticide use and monitoring forms, work orders, and equipment maintenance records.
- Prepare and post public notices for pesticide applications or PHC treatments.
- Provide customers with PHC information when necessary.
- Old Growth performs services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- Majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside is required, with duty modification during specific seasons throughout the year.
- Office work and time needed to complete paperwork, and attend meetings/training.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Education/Training in Arboriculture or PHC an asset.
- Familiar with Plant I.D. and treatment options an asset.
- ISA Certified Arborist is an asset.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com