As a plant health care technician, you’ll help trees, shrubs, and native landscapes thrive by supporting their health and well-being with targeted treatments that we call Conscious Care. You’ll spend your days being active outside while working in the most beautiful vistas throughout the Vail Valley, many of which are seldom seen by the general public. Your season will start in April, depending of course on the weather; and we will keep you busy through December or until the snow flies, intersecting perfectly with winter work at the ski areas. If you’re new to the job, we will train you to be an expert in the field. If you already have experience, we will reward you for your experience and help you take it to the next level and add to any certifications you already have. And if you’re really good on the job, our growing company is adding new, year-round positions each season.
Each day, you will be responsible for safe delivery of PHC services including fertilizing trees and providing other forms of preventative care, monitoring pests and controlling them with prescribed treatments, and helping control noxious/invasive weeds in turf and native landscapes. You will also be responsible for driving and operating one of our unmistakable, state-of-the-art plant health care trucks, which you may have seen driving up and down the valley. And most importantly, you’ll be a part of an extraordinary team of individuals that was voted among the best home service businesses in the valley by the readers of the Vail Daily.
Pay depends on experience and we offer ample opportunity to increase your wage and grow professionally through in-house and outside training that we will pay for and pay you to complete! Sound good? Reach out today to [email protected] or call 970-401-0274.
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Gypsum & Edwards, CO
- Status: Full Time/Seasonal
- Skill Level: Entry Level & Experienced
- Salary: $20-30 per hour, DOE
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Performing plant health care treatments including spray applications, deep root injections, and noxious weed treatments
- Communicating with clients in the field and our operations team to provide the highest level of customer service
- Performing daily inspections of equipment and vehicles to ensure PHC trucks and equipment are prepared, filled, and refueled for each workday
- Performing basic maintenance of equipment and tools
- Preparing and maintaining records of pesticide/herbicide use, as well as tracking forms, work orders, and equipment maintenance records
- Preparing and posting public notices for pesticide applications or PHC treatments
- Preparing pesticide sprays and other PHC solutions for treatments
- Driving specialized PHC trucks to various work sites
- This is a sampling of responsibilities. A complete job description will be provided during the hiring process.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- You will perform services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- The majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Some of your time will be spent indoors to complete paperwork, and attend meetings and trainings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, personal integrity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Minimum Education: high school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside at all times in all weather conditions are required. Duty modifications may be made during specific seasons throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR ASPIRATIONS
- An incredible team of individuals who you will LOVE working with
- Competitive pay and paid training with pay increases based on completion of training
- Partially-subsidized healthcare benefits
- Paid holidays and time off accrual
- Sick time accrual
- 401K after 1000 hrs
OUR CORE VALUES
Old Growth Tree Service was founded in 2016 and we have experienced exponential growth each year since then. We strive each day to raise the standards of the arboriculture industry by providing an experience that goes above and beyond expectations for both our customers and employees. We have built our business around these Core Values that guide our every action and decision:
- Integrity – We live in accordance with our deepest values, we are honest with everyone, and always keep our word. We are genuine.
- Respect – We treat each other and our customers with kindness, respect, and sensitivity. We value everyone’s contributions in all aspects of the business. We check our egos at the door.
- Teamwork – One dream, one team. We recognize and support each other’s talents. We all have a part to play. By working together, we can achieve exceptional results.
- Training & Knowledge – We support all Old Growth Tree Service employees with any training necessary so they can perform their job safely, efficiently and with confidence.
- Quality & Customer Service – We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We deliver quality and excellence in all that we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. And if you don’t have a resume, don’t worry, just shoot us an email or call 970-401-0274.