Apply by emailing: email@example.com
Wildfire is among the greatest threats to our communities, and as a member of our fire mitigation team, your work will help safeguard people and property by removing and reducing potential fuels. Each day, you will be a part of a team working primarily in urban/wildland areas to cut shrubs, prune low hanging limbs, and remove entire trees in order to create defensible spaces. As an EMT, you will work with a squad as a groundsperson or sawyer, and be prepared to respond to both minor and major incidents requiring medical care, if needed. If you have no previous experience in forestry work, we will provide all the training you need. The most important qualification is that you have an incredible work ethic and welcome the physical challenges that come with this type of work.
This is a seasonal position that runs from April through mid-November, depending on weather, so it aligns perfectly with winter work at the ski resorts. We work four, ten-hour days, with the opportunity for overtime on Fridays.
Your season will start in April, depending on the weather; and we will keep you busy through November. We work four, ten-hour days, so you can earn overtime AND have ample time to play in the mountains and enjoy summer. Sound good? Reach out today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-401-0274.
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Gypsum, CO
- Status: Full Time/Seasonal
- Schedule: Four 12-Hour Days, M-Th.
- Skill Level: Entry Level & Experienced
- Salary: $27-35 per hour, DOE
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working as a part of a team to create a safe work environment while maintaining a high level of production
- Assessing and treating injuries in the field and coordinating with EMS if necessary
- Felling trees and cutting brush
- Carrying debris including sticks, limbs, and logs to staging areas for chipping, or stacking debris in burn piles
- Choosing and inspecting personal protective equipment
- Completing all duties in compliance with AMTL safety policies, ANSI Z133.1, OSHA safety standards, and ANSI A300 Pruning standards
- If applicable and appropriate, driving company vehicles and operating specialized tree removal equipment including chainsaws, brush cutters, and mini and full-size skid-steers with log grapples and forestry mulching attachments
- This is a sampling of responsibilities. A complete job description will be provided during the hiring process.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- You will perform services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- The majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Some of your time will be spent indoors to complete paperwork, and attend meetings and trainings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- EMT Certification and experience responding to emergencies
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, personal integrity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside at all times in all weather conditions are required. Duty modifications may be made during specific seasons throughout the year.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR ASPIRATIONS
- Competitive pay
- Paid training with pay increases based on successful completion of training
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Sick time accrual
- 401K after 1000 hrs
- All PPE safety equipment supplied
- All tools provided
OUR CORE VALUES
Old Growth Tree Service was founded in 2016 and we have experienced exponential growth each year since then. We strive each day to raise the standards of the arboriculture industry by providing an experience that goes above and beyond expectations for both our customers and employees. We have built our business around these Core Values that guide our every action and decision:
- Integrity – We live in accordance with our deepest values, we are honest with everyone, and always keep our word. We are genuine.
- Respect – We treat each other and our customers with kindness, respect, and sensitivity. We value everyone’s contributions in all aspects of the business. We check our egos at the door.
- Teamwork – One dream, one team. We recognize and support each other’s talents. We all have a part to play. By working together, we can achieve exceptional results.
- Training & Knowledge – We support all Old Growth Tree Service employees with any training necessary so they can perform their job safely, efficiently and with confidence.
- Quality & Customer Service – We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We deliver quality and excellence in all that we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. And if you don’t have a resume, don’t worry, just shoot us an email or call 970-401-0274.