You can saddle up on just about anything with a wheel or a stick and operate it well. A good day in your book includes a machine, a challenge, a good soundtrack, and a beautiful view from the cab. Caterpillar, John Deere, Vermeer, Hitachi, Peterbilt, and Kenworth are all familiar names. The mechanics that you work with praise you for the care that you take operating equipment, and you know how to maximize a machine’s capabilities without pushing it past its breaking point. You also know that preventative maintenance is critical and have no problem getting your hands dirty to make sure your machine is clean and ready to go. You are comfortable working alone and being self-sufficient in remote locations, yet you can just as easily contribute to a team effort, assisting those on the ground with the strength of a machine matched with your skill as an operator.
Old Growth Tree Service is seeking an experienced Equipment Operator to join our tree removal team. One day you might be running a forestry mulcher; on another, you could be picking up 20-foot logs with our grapple truck. Duties could also include running smaller equipment such as a track chipper or a remote control masticator or a stump grinder. CDL A drivers are strongly preferred for this role. We can put you to work immediately and we will keep you busy through December or until the snow flies, intersecting perfectly with winter work. Pay depends on experience and we offer ample opportunity to increase your wage and grow professionally through in-house and outside training that we will pay for and pay you to complete! Sound good? Reach out today to [email protected] or call 970-401-0274.
- Employer: Old Growth Tree Service
- Location: Gypsum, CO
- Status: Full Time/Seasonal
- Skill Level: Experienced
- Salary: $25-35 per hour, DOE
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- The majority of your work will be transporting, operating, and maintaining a skidsteer or other equipment to perform mastication in support of fire mitigation work
- You may also be operating and performing routine maintenance on company equipment including but not limited to:
- Skid Steer
- Track Chipper
- Track Loader
- Mini Skid Steer
- Stump Grinder
- Air Spade
- Setting up, adjusting, operating, and maintaining clean equipment
- Keeping a safe and clean work environment
- Performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Ensuring that production deadlines are met
- Assisting with tree removal work as needed and outlined below
- Ensuring excellent customer service
- Communicating professionally and effectively with supervisors and colleagues
- This is an overview of the position and responsibilities; a full job description will be provided as a part of the hiring process
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- You will perform services for a wide variety of clients in diverse locations from private gardens and backyards, to public spaces, or remote areas.
- The majority of work time is spent in the field operating machinery or hand tools, performing PHC/arboricultural services, clean-up, and being courteous to customers.
- Some of your time will be spent indoors to complete paperwork, and attend meetings and trainings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- CDL Class A strongly preferred
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, humility, personal integrity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Physical fitness and ability to work outside at all times in all weather conditions are required. Duty modifications may be made during specific seasons throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Communication skills
- Safe work habits
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to work well with others
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR ASPIRATIONS
- Competitive pay
- Paid training with pay increases based on successful completion of training
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Sick time accrual
- 401K after 1000 hrs
- All PPE safety equipment supplied
- All tools provided
OUR CORE VALUES
Old Growth Tree Service was founded in 2016 and we have experienced exponential growth each year since then. We strive each day to raise the standards of the arboriculture industry by providing an experience that goes above and beyond expectations for both our customers and employees. We have built our business around these Core Values that guide our every action and decision:
- Integrity – We live in accordance with our deepest values, we are honest with everyone, and always keep our word. We are genuine.
- Respect – We treat each other and our customers with kindness, respect, and sensitivity. We value everyone’s contributions in all aspects of the business. We check our egos at the door.
- Teamwork – One dream, one team. We recognize and support each other’s talents. We all have a part to play. By working together, we can achieve exceptional results.
- Training & Knowledge – We support all Old Growth Tree Service employees with any training necessary so they can perform their job safely, efficiently and with confidence.
- Quality & Customer Service – We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We deliver quality and excellence in all that we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to develop your roots here in the Eagle Valley with a company that values you? If you are looking to kick-start a fulfilling, exciting, challenging – but rewarding career at a company that will support your personal and professional growth, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. And if you don’t have a resume, don’t worry, just shoot us an email or call 970-401-0274.